Category: Business, Workforce, State
The Iowa New Jobs Training Program provides customized classroom instruction, on-the-job training and other training activities for employees in newly created jobs. The program includes:
- Screening, skills assessment and testing
- Travel for new employees to training anywhere in the world
- On-the-job training reimbursement of 50 percent of the new employees’ wages and fringe benefits during the training period
- In-plant instruction by company instructors
- Costs of training facilities, equipment, materials and supplies
- The amount per employee varies depending on the wage to be paid. Traditionally, the amount is approximately $2,000 - $2,500 per job.