Category: Business, Workforce, State
Iowa's unique job-training programs can provide any training services required by a business for new employees. The Iowa New Jobs Training program provides funds for:
- Screening, skills assessment and testing.
- Travel for new employees to training, anywhere in the world.
- On-the-job training reimbursement of 50% of the new employees' wages and fringe benefits during the training period.
- In-plant instruction by company instructors.
- Costs of training facilities, equipment, materials and supplies.
The Iowa New Jobs Training Program provides customized classroom instruction, on-the-job training and other training activities for employees in newly created jobs. All training is tailored to the company's special needs. The amount per employee varies depending on the wage to be paid. Traditionally the amount is approximately $2,000 - $2,500 per job.